Putting on a conference is no easy task, much less a conference that challenges us to bring humanity back to the workplace. That’s exactly what today’s guests, Rosie Ward and Scott Life, talk about today.
Salveo Partners, along with a dedicated planning committee, will have their inaugural Fusion 2.0 conference this November. In this interview, Rosie and Scott tell us how the idea was sparked, who’s helping plan it, how it’s different from other conferences and the speaker line up. Don’t miss it at the end when Rosie offers listeners $200 off conference registration.
I hope to see you at the Fusion 2.0 conference this November!
Also, don’t miss out on an opportunity to participate in a small group training starting in October. Here’s a bit more about it:
- This will be a small group of up to 6 people and only 2 spots remain.
- We’ll meet weekly for 6 weeks online via Zoom October 24 to Dec. 5 (skipping Thanksgiving week).
- Each week, I’ll present 15 minutes or so of content and then we’ll talk about how (and if) it would work in your organization.
- Although I have topics in mind (other things that impact health, understanding your company, new metrics, key questions to ask, framework, etc.) I also want group members to tell me where they need help.
- This will be informal and I’ll want a lot of group participation. I want it to feel like a supportive “tribe”.
- If you’re looking for support in planning a more holistic approach in 2019, then this training is for you.
For those that sign up for my February training (more weeks and more formalized), this small group training is free. If you just want to do the standalone small group training, then it’s $350.
The deadline to get in on the small group training is October 17th.
For full details on the 2019 training, visit https://redesigningwellness.com/impactandinfluence/
Biggest Takeaways You Don’t Want to Miss:
- The idea for a new conference was sparked 5 years ago after a conference experience that left Rosie dissatisfied.
- Fusion 2.0 will be multi-disciplinary with a mix of wellness, organizational effectiveness, safety and HR professionals in attendance.
- Attendees will go home with an implementation plan and will be supported after the conference (up to 120 days post conference).
- Every exhibitor has a thorough vetting process. Their product must support the notion of bringing humanity to the workplace (i.e. no wellness or else).
- Bob Chapman and Raj Sisodia’s book “Everybody Matters” will be a giveaway for all who attend.
Check out these highlights (with timestamps):
- How the Fusion 2.0 Conference came about [6:15]
- The speaker that caused them to change the date of the conference [13:08]
- Why this conference is different than others [19:30]
- How the debriefs (the “so what, now what?”) will actually work at the conference [26:35]
- The speakers who will be there [30:50]
- $200 Coupon code off the conference for listeners [39:40]
Mentioned in this episode:
Scott Life aims to re-humanize the workplace so people can bring their best selves to work – and home – each day. He consults with courageous leaders looking to build and sustain thriving workplace cultures by leveraging strong leadership development, as well as the fusion of organizational and employee wellbeing. Scott brings depth of knowledge and experience to his clients having been President of a manufacturing business from 2003-2016. During that time, the company achieved 14.7% compound annual growth rate and implemented a robust employee wellbeing program that continues today. Having seen the positive impact of a servant leader mindset and prioritizing people ahead of profit, Scott is excited to help leaders transform workplace cultures.
Dr. Rosie Ward’s mission started when nearly 20 years ago she experienced firsthand the ill effects of working in a toxic work environment and found her wellbeing eroding. Since then, she has worked tirelessly to find a solution so this experience is no longer the norm. As a consultant, coach, author and one of the top speakers in the country on organizational and employee wellbeing, she works to re-humanize workplaces so that people are freed, fueled and inspired to bring their best selves to work – and home – each day.
Rosie serves as CEO and co-founder of Salveo Partners, LLC, a professional consulting and training company focused on equipping organizations to find success while putting people back at the forefront of their business. They focus on leveraging The Fusion (the inextricable interconnectedness of organizational and employee wellbeing) to help transform workplaces and support people in integrating their personal and professional lives. Her book, How to Build a Thriving Culture at Work: Featuring the 7 Points of Transformation has served as a blueprint for hundreds of organizations to break past old, outdated paradigms and re-humanize their workplace.
She currently lives in Minneapolis with her husband and son.