Mary Miller shares her story of transforming JANCOA, a family-owned commercial cleaning business, into a company that helps employees pursue their dreams. JANCOA created the Dream Manager program to help employees make their dream a reality whether it be learning English, owning a home, or even leaving the company to pursue another path.
Mary is also the author of Changing Directions: 10 Choices that Impact Your Dreams. Listen in as she and Jen discuss how Mary (and her husband Tony) went from a consultant firing JANCOA due to the company’s ‘people problem’ to a thriving company with a turnover rate 300% below the industry standard. Mary’s positive, upbeat nature and inspiring journey is sure to inspire anyone looking to transform a company from the inside out.
Biggest Takeaways You Don’t Want to Miss:
- JANCOA is more than cleaning; but about improving the quality of life for everyone they touch.
- Wellness of a human being is more than the physical; the emotional impacts everything else.
- When a team is helping achieve the company’s dream and the company is helping employees achieve their dreams, it’s a win-win.
Check out these highlights:
- How the focusing on employees spark was ignited for JANCOA [13:00]
- Creating an environment to attract employees [16:44]
- How the Dream Managers program came to be [19:35]
- Thoughts on other CEOs who treat employees like they are expendable [25:15]
- Mary’s tangible tip to impact the well-being of employees [35:45]
Links mentioned in this episode:
Mary Miller is the CEO of JANCOA Janitorial Services. A local, award-winning, 45 year old family owned and operated commercial cleaning company. JANCOA created The Dream Manager program, popularized by the New York Times Best Selling book under the same title by Matthew Kelly, encouraging people around the world to achieve their dreams. Mary is known for her positive outlook and desire to help others realize their uniqueness and personal power. In addition to running a business with over 500 full-time employees, Mary is an Associate Coach with Strategic Coach working with Entrepreneurs at quarterly coaching workshops in Chicago. Mary is an internationally known professional speaker and author of Changing Direction: Ten Choices That Impact Your Dreams. In 2017, Mary received the EY Ohio Valley Entrepreneur of the Year Lifetime Achievement award in recognition of how her accomplishments have improved so many lives.
Mary’s passions include serving the community through multiple community organizations including United Way and Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority. When not enjoying time with family in the city, Mary and her husband, Tony are at their Lake Lorelei home.