Brian has been around the field long enough to have done some crappy wellness programs and some great ones too.
With a graduate degree in sports psychology, Brian wants people and organizations to achieve optimal work and life performance.
He’s worked within the insurance environment, formed a consulting company, co-created the Wellness Underground and now also working at Quantified Habits.
Brian aims to develop habit forming technologies and solutions for individuals, organizations and health coaches. He has a desire to be constructively disruptive in order to maximize success.
In our chat, we talk the wide gamete of the wellness industry. Some highlights include:
- The problem with the question “what are other companies doing around wellness”.
- The sham of worksite wellness awards
- Why hiring a staff person may trump hiring a wellness vendor
- Wellness ROI – what you can expect
- Signs you’re not ready for a wellness program
We also get to hear how Brian got into the wellness industry and how why he wants to disrupt it (constructively, of course).
Since we talked for a good hour or so, I split this episode into two parts. We continue our chat in the next episode.
Links mentioned in this podcast:
Blog post: Why I hate worksite wellness best practices